Wednesday 22 September 2010

Mirror Mirror on the Wall..Who's the Sexiest of them All?




  Alright so, I looked at myself in the mirror for 10 minutes. What did I notice? What was I supposed to notice? Am I supposed to compare myself with some young movie stud with an amazing physique? Why should I compare myself to a total stranger I have no connection with? I mean I don’t want to hurt his ego by standing next to him. Yes, I am very considerate person. But on a serious note, jealousy or feeling intimidated comes when a person is feeling insecure about themselves. And everybody has it, at one point or another. But, you have to get over the fact that you ain’t as macho as the next person, and you have to keep it real. In the end, for me, as a person who has been wrong way too many times for judging a book by its cover, I have to say that it comes down to the personality of the person I am hanging out with. To me, the looks and everything outside really does not matter, once I get to know the person, because I value people’s individuality and good sense of humor. Anybody can look good with expensive clothes on, but how many look sexy with the morning boxers and wife beaters on. Advertisements attack people’s ego to make them feel unsatisfied with themselves, and I am not saying that the advertisements don’t intimidate me. But don’t forget you have to keep it real. These advertisements will make you feel the need to have smooth an silky hair, or amazing beach physique, or a heavy built, and even though some might feel that these ads are projecting a healthy physique and healthy lifestyle, you can not force everybody to follow it, because everybody is an individual, and they have the right to live their lives by their choice. Social icons and ad figures should not restrict the individual from doing what they want.       

No comments:

Post a Comment